The Sonora Blair Series
London Times Bestseller List
New York Times Notable Book
- “Hightower is a writer of tremendous quality.” —Library Journal
- “Diabolically intriguing from start to finish.”—Publisher’s Weekly
- “Rings with gritty authenticity. You won’t be able to put it down and you won’t want to sleep again. Riveting.”—Lisa Scottoline
- “A powerfully original book … Like all of the best thrillers, Flashpoint leaves you uneasily aware of the shadows.” —Reginald Hill
- “Tautly plotted, engaging story, enlivened by crisp dialog.” —Booklist
- “Miraculously fresh and harrowing.” —Kirkus Reviews
Shamus Award-winning author Lynn Hightower's chilling thriller
Cincinnati homicide detective Sonora Blair hunts a serial killer who's playing with fire.
A single mother of two children and a police specialist with the Cincinnati Homicide Division, Sonora Blair is still awake in the middle of the night when the call comes in. Mark Daniels has been found in Mount Airy Forest handcuffed to the steering wheel of his car, doused with accelerant, and set on fire. As the hideously burned college student lies dying in the ER, he describes his killer: blond, female, and a total stranger. But Mark may not have been the intended victim.
Evidence points to a sexual fixation on his older brother, Keaton, a teacher currently separated from his wife. Then the murderer—who has been dubbed “Flash” by the media—calls Sonora one night, taunting and mocking her. As the investigation heats up, the harassment continues. The female psychopath knows intimate details about Sonora’s family and her past. As the criminal’s monstrous plan becomes chillingly apparent, Sonora must risk everything to corner a cunning killer.
Sign Up for Lynn's Newsletter
Lynn sends occasional emails to update writers and readers on the latest news and events including in-person appearances and workshops.